It’s another fresh new year and we have just welcomed the year 2021! At the beginning of a new year many of us like to set up some goals to work towards for the year ahead aka New Year Resolutions. If you’ve been following my blog since the beginning you will know my feelings on New Year Resolutions. I am not personally into setting a long list of goals to achieve and bombarding myself with it all, instead I prefer to set only a couple meaningful and attainable ones. I am also a strong believer that there is no set time to start afresh and make a change/set a goal in life. I don’t think you have to wait for a new year to begin to set yourself a list of resolutions… everyday is a new day so you can have a fresh start anytime of the year. However, with all that being said a New Year does bring the feeling of a plain blank canvas of 365 days ahead and I do believe that setting goals gives us intention and purpose and can help to guide your life in the direction of your own desire. Making your goals achievable and realistic though will help to set you up for success and I hope that the tips down below will be useful to you…
- Put Pen To Paper – When thinking of a realistic and achievable goal don’t just let it be a fleeting thought. Actually put pen to paper and move the thought from your consciousness and onto the paper. The written words will act as a reminder throughout the year of what your aiming to achieve and when your goal has successfully been achieved you can enjoy the proudness and satisfaction from ticking it off.
- Never Compare – When setting a goal it’s not a good idea to compare your life, achievements, looks etc… with anyone else. It’s so important to remember that your only competition is the past you.
- Think Small Changes, Big Impact – When it comes to goals size doesn’t matter. Small changes can result in a big impact and can alter the course of your life. So take those little steps…
- Give Yourself Credit – Ensure that you give yourself some credit by documenting where you started from because your starting point is just as important as where you are heading.
- Be Aware Of Your Environment – Acknowledge what you are putting into your mind and body… I’m not just talking about nutrition and exercise but be aware of what you expose yourself to daily for example; Social Media, Negative Talk, Friendships etc… Surround yourself with people and content that support and help you on your goal journey.
If you have set yourself a New Year goal I would love to know what it is if you would like to share it or perhaps you have another tip to add onto this post that is relevant and will also help others… feel free to share all of your thoughts and opinions down below in the comments as I love hearing from you all.
May the New Year 2021 bring you more happiness, peace and love for every single one of you and may all of your dreams and wishes come true!