Whatever time of year it is there are many different things that can play havoc with our delicate skin, For Example; brisk winds, hot sun rays, central heating etc. Having a well thought out skincare routine that incorporates gentle and nourishing ingredients is one of the most important things you can do daily to ensure that your skin is protected and balanced throughout the whole year no matter what the season is. But there are also other simple changes that you can make to your beauty routine to help keep you skin looking healthy and glowing every season. I’ve chosen my top 5 suggestions to share with you all today.
- Think About What You Put Into Your Body – When we think about looking after our skin we often think of finding the perfect skincare routine but it’s just as important to remember that it’s not only about what we put onto our skin but it’s also about what we put into our bodies too. So ensure that you stay well-hydrated daily and you eat a healthy balanced diet, you could also consider natural supplements too as these can help you to glow from the inside, out.
- Nourish Your Skin At Night – If you didn’t know skin repair is most active during the night so this is the perfect time to give your skin the nutrients that it needs to support it’s natural repair. It’s quite magical to know that whilst your sleeping and relaxing your body is hard at work repairing and looking after itself, so before bed is a great time to apply your favourite skincare products… if you can remember to do this every single night you should notice a huge skincare change when waking up with more nourished, hydrated and glowing skin. How fabulous!
- Turn Down The Heat When You Wash – Hot showers feel lovely sometimes especially during those cold winter months but when you take a hot shower it could actually be damaging your skin without you realising. The hot water can strip your skin of moisture causing it to become dry and more irritated. Instead when your showering use lukewarm water and apply your favourite nourishing body moisturiser or oil as soon as you step out to lock in that important hydration.
- Don’t Forget To Use SPF! – The sun’s rays can impact our skin throughout the whole of the year so make sure you remember to protect your complexion by applying a sunscreen daily… and yes that does mean even in the Winter months too. Some moisturisers and foundations even include SPF in them so definitely opt for these over non SPF products. One of the most important skincare tips that you will ever come across is to ALWAYS USE SPF.
- Currently Struggling With Dry And Dehydrated Skin? – If your skin is feeling dry and dehydrated then it can also trigger a range of other flare-ups too like acne and irritation etc… To combat this look for moisturisers that contain natural and nourishing ingredients like Beeswax or Shea Butter, these not only mimic the body’s own hydrating properties but they also have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties too. Other super moisturising ingredients that are perfect for dry/dehydrated skin include; Olive Oil, Calendula, Chamomile, Rosehip and Patchouli.
I would love to know if you have any other tips to add for simple changes that you can make to your beauty routine to help keep your skin nourished, hydrated, healthy and glowing no matter what the season is. Basically any tips that are relevant to this post. I love to hear from you all so feel free to comment below all of your suggestions, thoughts and opinions.